Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Incomplete Manifesto for Growth

http://www.ludosabato.com/mau/

From each of the four categories I will choose one point posted by Bruce Mau which I believe will help me in my future.

CREATIVITY:
  • Make Mistakes Faster - "This isn't my idea -- I borrowed it. I think it belongs to Andy Grove." When i read this i instantly agreed. I always have believed in the concept of from every mistake you make you learn something new. This point is very useful because he is right. The faster we make mistakes, the faster we can learn from them. by learning from these mistakes we can gain more knowledge and become a better person. This could help me in my future with design or creating a new project because from making mistakes on other projects early, I can learn from them and I will be able to improve on every project after. With these mistakes coming quicker I learn faster and I become more knowledgable quicker.
IDEOLOGY:
  • Don't Be Cool - "Cool is conservative fear dressed in black. Free yourself from limits of this sort." I loved this point made by Bruce Mau also. He is trying to say that by trying to be "Cool," you are not being yourself and just trying to fit in with the crowd. The conservative fear is your fear of hoping you can fit in and not acting like yourself so that you can fit in. If you act like yourself you can be more helpful to all then just being like everybody else. This would help me with my projects in the future because I wouldnt just follow the crowd with how did my projects or designs. I would be more creative with my designs and go outside of the ordinary. This could help me become more creative and help me stand out from everybody else.
WORK ETHIC:
  • Take Field Trips - "The bandwidth of the world is greater than that of your TV set, or the internet, or even a totally immersive, interactive, dynamically rendered, object-oriented, real-time, computer graphicimulated environment." This quote is telling people to get off their butts and go outside and explore. Just like in elementrey school, kids would go on field trips so that they could gain more knowledge. By staying indoors and just letting your brain rot, you learn nothing useful and prevent your brain from gaining more knowledge. You also are just holding back your own creativity. Thsi would help on future projects and designs because now I will most likely spend more time outside going on adventures with my friends.
COLLABORATION:
  • Laugh- "People visiting the studio often comment on how much we laugh. Since I've become aware of this, I use it as a barometer of how comfortably we are expressing ourselves." By laughing, you are happy and more comfortable with yourself and your surroundngs. By laughing you are having fun. By having fun your creativity could be able to grow. When you are laughing you are expressing what you enjoy in life. This could help me with my future designs and projects because if I am laughing and having a good time then I would be able to enjoy my work. By enjying my work, I would have more creativity and be able to excel better on these designs and projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment